We arrived yesterday. After I made travel plans late last week, we were informed that visitors are now not allowed to the home on the weekends. I was in tears yesterday being so close to her and unable to see her. I am not sure if I will survive the day today. Another day away is testing all the emotional, parental strength I have.
I cannot imagine this! Most of us work during the week and even those families in national adoptions would come to play and visit their children on the weekend. This is our fifth visit to see her, and we have always spent huge amounts of time with her on the weekends.
I am trying to respect the wishes of the director, but praying she changes her mind. I am just dying to hold, love and hug on Mariela.
Off to find something to occupy my mind, my nerves and my unsettled stomach...
7 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of you holding that sweet little girl. Please give Angela a kiss for me while you are there.
-Joan
You are SO close! Eat some rice and beans, that will settle your stomach! Can't wait to see pictures!
Praying this will be the last day without seeing / holding your daughter. Surely, you will bring her home this week!!!
Good Luck...I'm sorry you can't see your daughter. I know it is difficult for you not to see her being so close but you are with her in spirit.
Telissa - I saw Mariela on Friday and told her that you are very close and will see her on Monday! She seemed pretty cool with that! She looks great and was happy and smiling. Hang tough!
We will be there too -- see you there....
My prayers are with you because I cannot imagine how emotional of a time this is for you!! Know that she will be in your arms soon and you'll never have to let her go!
aT THIS POINT YOU ARE WITH HER BUT i STILL DONT UNDERSTAND OOOPS cap lock on why you couldnt see her over the weekend. Thats pure craziness.
Post a Comment