Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Update - Why Tuesday? Just because!

Mariela is showing her true colors now!!! I mean this in a very loving way, since we have to understand that everything is new and overwhelming at times for her. She is now deciding what she does and does not want to eat. Now that we have shown her that she can feed herself, she insists on carrying her cow bowl and cow spoon around just in case there is food. And the mess she makes when she does decide to take on the challenge. I have only felt brave enough with apple sauce. (And yes, that is her in the diaper box deciding she wanted to be comfy and out of sight - besides the feet that were sticking out.

Her word of the week is Abbey. I tell her "apple" and she says "abbey." I say "boy" and she says "abbey." That is the only word that she want to say besides the mama, dada and those kinds of words. And from the picture, you can see why Abbey is her favorite. They are always on top of each other and Abbey loves her belly as a pillow.

We also had our first shopping excursion to Toys R' Us. No joke that it is toys for us...Mariela would run down the aisle and grab whatever she could in her hands and take off with it! Luckily, we made it home with just a handful of new toys that should challenge her to speak and get around faster!

Just sending another big thank you for our friends and family that have followed us in this journey and sent so many hugs, gifts and love! We are so glad to continue this journey with many new friends that we got to meet in the process! You guys are never forgotten!

8 comments:

Connie said...

Telissa, I showed Mariela's picture to G'Pa Kirchner, and he said she's a good looking little girl!! He said "they'll bring her down here one day, so I can see her!"

Kim said...

I LOVE the picture of Mariela with Abbey! That is SO sweet! There is nothing much better than watching your daughter play with her dog! Glad they are getting along! There are days Kate still only say's the same thing over and over. Today everything was "hot". Even ice cream. Go figure!

Vanessa said...

It's so wonderful to see her home and you guys enjoying life TOGETHER, FOREVER!!

Nat said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new photos :) warms my heart!

Erin said...

Thanks for posting the adorable photos!! Sounds like you are having lots of adventures with your 2 year old! I can totally relate to the word thing....right now Isaac's color is red - so of course everything is red! So happy for you guys and your beautiful little girl!

~Emily said...

Great hairstyle! She looks so well settled.

HB said...

She is too precious! I hope Arby will someday love Avery as much as Abbey loves Mariela! Keep on posting photos, it makes us so happy to see that you're so happy! and that she's so happy! Happiness for everyone! :)

~Emily said...

So it has been almost a week. Where is "Monday Update. Why Monday? Just because!" BTW... Is Mariella in a Target brand diaper box? What do you think of Target diapers???


July 2008 family photo