
I am getting ready to get on the plane to head back to Guatemala City. This is the first time actually that I will be staying in Guatemala City, as we have always stayed in Antigua. This is 6th and final trip....we pray.
Today, my entire goal is to just get there, as Juan is staying home to hold down the fort. So, for this trip, I am losing my translator and will have to wing it.
Tomorrow we head to Semillas to hang out with the children and hope that Tuesday is the lucky day that it is official and we are allowed to finally leave the orphanage one last time. Bittersweet, of course.
I am not taking the laptop, so my lucky little AA friends, i'll be in touch as soon as i find a way!
Off I go...thank goodness for blackberries, as I got this little photo of Mariela last week straight from the orphanage. Beats the videos that come a month later by snail mail!
7 comments:
Wishing you safe travels and a speedy homecoming!!
Telissa
Congratulations on being sooo close. This will be Mariela's best birthday present!!...YOU!!
Safe travels. Keep us updated. Stephanie Houston Gabriel and Joseph's mom (also from Guatemala)
Have a safe and wonderful trip. I am hoping and praying it will be the time you return with little Mariela! Safe travels my friend and enjoy GC!
You're so close! I can't wait to meet her, she's a lucky girl to get you for a mom! :)
Avery is already making play date plans....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mariela!!! I know you had a wonderful day with your mommy! Stephanie Houston
Telissa,
Congrats on bringing Mariela home! I work with your dad and I can tell you that he is so very happy to have her in the US where she needed to be all along! I wish you & Juan all the Best with your little "Angel"! I know this has been a long journey, but it was all worth it! Thanks for sharing your blog with us, I have prayed for this day to come so you could hold your Daughter each & every day! Congrats!
Belinda (Burns & Mac)
This has been a long journey for you, Mariela, and your husband. We have prayed and cried with you the whole way. We can't wait to meet our newest little niece! Much love, Aunt Marion and Uncle Rich
Post a Comment