Thursday, February 26, 2009

Booked our Tickets (Hopefully for the last time)!!!

We are heading down this weekend (had to because plane tickets were at an all-time low) and we had to use our canceled ticket money. We get to see our little girl so soon!!!! Thanks to the nice ticketing agent that waived our change fee out of the goodness of his heart and spilling the whole sob story! Thanks to all the people who have advocated so willingly for us to bring our children home and that we continue doing so for one another until we all have brought our children home.

We have been told that they are reviewing the 10-13 cases and should be complete friday. They are hopeful the cases will be signed and released no later than Monday and ready to leave the country Monday/Tuesday. We are prepared to stay if we need to (at least one of us anyway, since we need to keep our office afloat - no such thing as paid vacation when you are self-employed)! The court hearings start Thursday, March 5, so we were told we would not have a hearing if our case was completed and approved before that date. Also, that the judge wanted those cases off her desk before the hearings begin. We hope that is the case.

We look foward to starting our journey with her home. I thought for many months I was prepared, but now I feel ill-prepared in some respects. Send your good parenting e-mails and suggestions my way-I need all the help I can get!!!

Here is to getting this resolved and having her on my lap on the way home!!!! It is bittersweet though knowing that all my friends I have become so close with, that we all deserve the same thing. If I had a bigger suitcase and little toddlers were not so wiggly, I would bring them all back with me....you know I would if I could. We have been "robbed" of months and even years of precious time with our children. Thanking Gary for the picture of Mariela above.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am sitting her bawling for you guys, but for good reason this time. I HOPE and PRAY you are indeed on your way HOME with your sweet little Mariela by the end of next week. FINALLY!

Vanessa said...

Praying this really is the end of the adoption journey for you guys and the beginning of a forever family!! Wishing you safe travels!!
www.heart4children.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Yeah Yeah!!! Lots of wishes for safe travels and kisses and hugs to Mariela!!

-Erin

~Emily said...

Next stop... Guatemala City... woo-HOO! I cant wait for the first post from home. Thinking of you and hoping for uneventful travels.


July 2008 family photo