Saturday, February 21, 2009

Going nowhere on a run-away train...


We were told to call back the office in GC at 4pm on friday. So, we called at 3:50 pm. They passed us around for 10 minutes, put us on hold and then hung up on us. At 4 pm, they quit answering the phone - so I guess one phone all more was too much.

The court hearings appear to not bring any certainty. The judge will review the cases over the course of many days and weeks - then she will retreat and review the matter at hand. There is no quick fix to this mess. There just is not. The judge is just not going to make a rash decision.

Over a month, sitting and waiting to go before the judge. The judge does not even know we exist, the attorney reviewing the papers doesn't need us...

I see my daughter in a picture on friday, and I just break down. I suppose I am selfish for just wanting it over. I am selfish for wanting them all home.

17 days until her birthday...I think I am going to be eating cake by myself again (Juan doesn't really like cake), but I know Mariela would if she were here. Feeling defeated.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Telissa, I am sorry. I know it is so hard to wait and watch the days, weeks, months and unfortunately years pass by. Watching your daughter grow through pictures is so hard every single day. Eat your cake girl...the whole darn thing. You deserve it! Hugs!

~Emily said...

Hmmm... sounds like Guatemala bureaucracy at it's best. Through the process, I set my expectations to "expect nothing" and then if I got something it was exciting.


July 2008 family photo