We still sit in Chimaltenango waiting for that paper. After Juan spent hours on the phone friday listening to people place blame on others and calling one of the heads of PGN on her cell phone, they promised to have our letter to PGN Chimaltenango by Monday at 8 am.
At 8 am, they lied and said it was in their system and sent. At 3 pm, it still had not been received in Chimaltenango.
When he called again, the lady answered that she did not realize that she just had to fax it!!!! So, we called a "friend" that we have, who is dating someone in PGN, and he was going to call in a favor. We were thankful he wasn't dating the lady holding our paper and can't understand the difference between fax and slower-than-slow Guatemalan PGN courier service.
So, let's see if the paper makes it out today. If that paper is faxed, we go to the judge, and we are days from being set free. If they got their act together, we could be down there this weekend or first of next week. If not...the wait continues.
My heart and prayers go out to a dear friend that has to have yet another birthmother interview in order to bring her son home to his brother. I pray the birth mother can set things straight.
So, here is to another day that bites the dust and that hopefully tomorrow we can see the silver lining. To Mariela who now raises her hand when they call on her!!! That's my girl! I don't want to see more photos of you in my inbox next month - I WANT TO BRING YOU HOME!!!!!!
4 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with you during your wait!! This process is truly unfair and I hope it gets resolved soon because I can't wait to hear she's coming home!!
HUGS
www.heart4children.blogspot.com
that was not easy finding you back! :)
yes jon is an architect (ok now i have to tell you that he did NOT choose the slate on the garage on that house...the owners insisted).
i'm crossing my fingers for you guys that your beautiful daughter will be on the way home soon.
Ughh! Ughh! Ughh! I honestly have no other words my friend. I am hoping and praying you do not need to "see" your child in your in-box anymore. One day I will see happy, joyous news on your blog. That is the day you will hear this girl scream from the frozen tundra!
GEEZ LOUISE. you just HAVE to have good news SOON. enough already. there are no words. still thinking and praying for you in MO.
Post a Comment