Sunday, February 8, 2009

Papers have arrived and now we just wait some more...

The papers did finally make it to Chimaltenango. They are in a group with 10 cases. So, the staff there needs to get all the forms and papers ready for those 10 cases. When they complete that, which is said to be sometime late next week, they will take the group to the judge. The judge then needs to review the documents and say whether each child can leave the country and have the adoption come to a close.

Essentially our future once again rests in someone else's hands.

Once the judge has the papers, depending on where you are in that stack of 10, is the order you will be released to come home. The group is not just Semillas de Amor children, but children from other homes whose cases were also under investigation.

I cannot wait for this part to end, but it really won't for me. My AA (adoptions anonymous) group has really worked hard to keep one another going for the past...let's just say MANY MONTHS. My journey has to continue with them and help them get their children home as well. There is no way at this point to take my daughter and run, because her entire Semillas family deserves their families as well.

We sit and wait thinking it might be around 15 more days. It is hard to say and things change by the week.

On another note, the children are leaving the current Semillas de Amor to head to their new home in Parramos. Even though I am excited to have the new home put to use, I am sad that Mariela will have to relocated an additional time. I knew this day was coming, but I had hoped that we could avoid it, just for the sake of ease on her. So, I guess we will get to see the new home after all...

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Still praying for you guys!! I can't wait to hear that sweet girl is coming home!!

Kim said...

I'm still sending positive thoughts and vibes your way girl. Your time has to be coming SOON, I just know it!


July 2008 family photo