Friday, February 6, 2009

still waiting...

So, I have tried to prepare to bring her home. I pulled out a ton of her clothes to wash them. I have arranged all her dolls and toys she got for Christmas (I even hid some so she would have more surprises later). I moved her high chair downstairs. I set up a basket of toys in the downstairs living room. I already put a few locks on the cabinets with things like knives - everything else she can have!

But, the courier is still...how do you say it? couriering? two days in process, and I don't even want to call today. So, maybe monday. I'll have to ask Juan if he is up to harrassing them. I never seem to know what the fine line is with them, but anyway, they don't seem to care. My papers are probably on the back of the dart board or better yet wiping shoes off at the back door.

One of these days...one of these days...

I want to thank my AA friends (My adoptions anonymous) friends that have kept me laughing all week. Sometimes I need to shut my e-mail down, so I can quit thinking about all of this. Our brains go off on tangents and we just can't stop thinking of deadlines and dates and contacts and reasons. There is no reason for all of this...really there is not.

I see Juan picked up the phone to call my favorite friends in Chimaltenango. Keep you posted....

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ughhh!!! Still praying for you guys that you will have your little girl home soon!

The Naps


July 2008 family photo