Monday, June 2, 2008

Hurricanes, Mudslides and Missed Interviews, Oh, my

Due to the hurricane turned tropical storm that hit Guatemala, Mariela's mother did not make it to the interview. She was stranded several towns (blocked roads and mudslides) from her home in the northern mountains of Guatemala. At first, yes, I thought this could not be and oh, yeah the "are you kidding me??" came out in full force. But it was just another luck of the draw that we hit on friday, but she is safe and hopefully on her way to Guatemala city today.

We confirmed with PGN that she is allowed to get there today, one business day after and they will fit her interview in. I suppose this has been a somewhat common problem getting these women many miles to these interviews. PGN also confirmed our file is there, signed, ready to go, pending this last interview. COULD IT BE TRUE THAT AFTER 168 DAYS IN PGN (24 WEEKS) SHE MIGHT BE CLOSE TO OURS??? Just say a prayer and cross your fingers that it is so.

So, another sleepless night last night, but we pray her mother safe and soundly today. I will keep you posted today. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers - I send them all back your way, so that things go well for your cases as well.

2 comments:

~Emily said...

Can't wait to hear that the interview is over. Also anxiously awaiting the latest PGN news this week. We are visiting Guatemala in 2 weeks if you want to send anything down for Mariela - let me know. ~Emily

Kim said...

Saying many prayers and crossing everything I have for you! LOL!


July 2008 family photo