It was nice to hear from the orphanage about Mariela's mother. For the past week, she got to spend some time with Mariela while she was waiting for the PGN interview. She would watch her and say that she looks like her father. Meanwhile, the assistant at the orpahange would say that Mariela is a copy of her mother. She got to play and be with her, but at the end of the week, she left to get back to her home.
In so many ways, I am thankful that they were reunited. And she is at peace with this decision she has made to share Mariela with us. Knowing that Mariela is safe and cared for, her mother is able to move on and continue with the routine of life and survival.
The Public Ministry is investigating the issues with Semillas by conducting their own interviews. They are requesting the orignal documents from the court that were taken in the second raid, so at least those documents will be out of PGN hands. There are some other behind the scenes things going on to bring attention to the matter at hand. These interviews and harassment against the mothers, against Semillas (and others) are now being investigated from the outside. There has been confirmation that human rights are not being upheld in a proper manner by some individuals with power. We can only pray that these further investigations shed light on the continued abuse of power, and bring resolution so these children can find their families.
It is just another hurdle in this road, but our little one is safe and her mother was watching over her for a brief moment. I know she will get to see her a few more times and hopefully all of our paths will cross...someday.
2 comments:
Did I miss something??? The interview did not take place? It was wonderful that Mariela and her birthmom got to spend some time together. I am sure it really put her heart at peace. Que bonita!
I just read the Semillas de Amor blog. I am sorry that you are mixed up in this mess. Sounds like it is a wonderful home with loving and excellent care with a definite emphasis on early education. Praying that things work out quickly.
Post a Comment