Friday, June 6, 2008

Alamo's Last Stand

They did not take Mariela and her mother to the interview today, as they were afraid of PGN taking another child. The child that was taken from the birthmother arms on wednesday, was returned to the home today, and Ms. Nancy got to go down and personally bring her home.

There was a small raid on the orpahange by two persons from the DA's office. There was talk of bringing charges against the director and taking the children and it being ordered by the PGN. This did not happen, and the DA's office is going to investigate what is going on and for now is working with the orphanage to resolve.

The children are safe, but we are in a stand off of sorts. We cannot move forward with the birth mother interviews. Court orders still need to be lifted but at the time being those orders are keeping the children there.

I want this to end, I want my life back, but most of all I cannot forget or leave Mariela there. Her birth mother was sent back to her home to get her original ID card, but I don't know when they will bring her back or resolve these issues with PGN. I will write more later when we are updated. I hardly see an end in sight.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jeez Telissa, you guys need to catch a break. I pray for you and everyone else wrapped up in this mess with Semillas. Why can't the goverment do something productive instead of creating havoc with people's lives?


July 2008 family photo