Monday, July 21, 2008

Wish I was back in Guatemala...

I posted the photos above...I will write more later...just praying for good news from PGN this week - our 10 to 15 days should be NOW!! I WANT OUT OF PGN BLACK HOLE!!!! We had such a good trip. We taught Mariela the following before we left (which I am sure the nannies are thrilled about):
  • How to crawl up and down the steps
  • How to blow kisses
  • How to shake your head "no" when they say "yes or si"

She was so much fun this time and already by nap time of the first day, she would stand up in her crib and ask us to pick her up. By the second day, she was bringing us all her toys and the last day she cried when we put her back down to play with the kids. We grew as attached to her as she did to us. I can't cry too much, because I know in my heart we will be going back soon for her.

The night after our meeting with the Embassy and the Semillas families, we were sitting downstairs at the restuarant of the hotel when we heard the theme song "Somewhere over the rainbow" for the Semillas videos. It was the exact same rendition and it brought us the chills. We definately believe it is a sign of good things to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I loved the pictures! You are so funny! I love it that you heard the "sign"! Cheers to a great visit! Mary

Melissa said...

Love the pictures--she is precious!

Checking everyday for that PGN out post!

Kim said...

I'm bawling here Telissa. Mariela is gorgeous! I am so glad you had a wonderful time. C'mon PGN, LET MARIELA OUT!!

HB said...

she's so beautiful!
it looks like you had a great visit with her, and it should be very soon that you get to see her every day! Stay positive, it will happen. :)

Unknown said...

She is beautiful. I hope this ends for you all soon. We will continue praying that it does. I can't wait for Mariela and Cole to meet!
Carrie, Troy, Molly and Cole


July 2008 family photo