Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hooray! At last!!!

The director of the children's home and Mariela have made their 6th and final trip to the PGN for the birthmother interview. Her birthmother came on friday and the interview lasted a mere 15 minutes. Since all the trips to PGN, Mariela has been sharing lunch with Ms. Nancy quite a few times, and has a fondness for french fries and yogurt. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a weakness for FRENCH FRIES!!

Mariela's mother has asked to meet us when we pick up Mariela to take here home. We are so honored and so thrilled that she has continued this path with us for the past year. She definately has given us the ultimate sacrifice.

We should know if 10-15 days if everything is approved and she is ours!!! We will see our little "cheekies" in 4 days. I can hardly wait, as it has been six months since we have held her in our arms. I am thrilled to be able to meet many of the other families that have been working as hard on all of our campaigns to bring these children home, and hope our Embassy appointment brings some closure to the situation preventing our children from coming home.

3 comments:

Kim said...

YAY Telissa! FINALLY! I hope you are OUT of PGN soon! Maybe we can travel to get our girls together!

Melissa said...

Thank God this finally happened! What a privilege it will be to meet the birthmother. I wish I could have had that opportunity.

~Emily said...

Wonderful news after all that craziness! ~Emily


July 2008 family photo