Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today is the Day

Update: Again, it did not happen. The birthmother was hasseled a lot last time she was at PGN. She is now terrified to go and does not want to go. She told the attorney is not about anything and she will do anything for the adoption to go through, but she does not want to go back down there. She was so scared and did not like the treatment. They are going to have to go beg her in person tomorrow and hope they can talk her into going to an appointment on friday. another week bites the dust....

We have scheduled a trip to go next week for an emergency meeting with the U.S. Embassy. We need their support in helping PGN release the hold that are on the children. We don't know what can be done, but we need to help support all the families that are stuck in this situation....I wish we were out of PGN and I would have a little bit of confidence, but this mess seems to drag on.

Today, 11 am, the inteview is schedule YET ONCE AGAIN!!! I will keep you posted how it goes, if and when it goes. Meanwhile, I am trying to find a way to get down there for the meeting with the U.S. Embassy next friday, to try and free these kids from the holds on them leaving the country. I need a plane ticket and a room!!!

2 comments:

~Emily said...

Please let there be good news today!

Anonymous said...

You guys can do it! Hang in there!


July 2008 family photo