Today is my birthday - and all i really wanted was Mariela home, but that will not happen today. The director Nancy keeps saying our children will come home. It is a fight and we do not know if the home Semillas will survive, but the children will come home to us.
So, on that note, I have a list of e-mails and phone calls I need to make. I have had one great advocate (Linh with Ethica) who has been a great shoulder to lean on. She has given us some great suggestions and leads on people that might be able to help the deteriorating situation at the children's home. I have 10 days until Mariela's birthmom is interviewed AGAIN...we just have to have faith and do what is required.
Thanks to my friends (old and new) and my family. I wouldn't have got up today (I have been awake almost all night - too many things running through my head besides work), but I know that won't make it better. On that note, here is a photo from our wedding this weekend. Thanks for the laughs and the "bling". I'll try to dig up a few more photos because the event was one of the best times I have had in quite a while!!! Love you guys!!!
4 comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! i'm still praying for your most fabulous news . . . until then, i'm thinking about you constantly!!!
Happy Birthday, Cuz! Do your best to enjoy it....both of you!
Carrie, Troy, Molly and Cole
Happy Birthday Telissa! Glad you had a good day, considering. I am hoping and praying that things with Semillas calms down and Mariela is with you SOON!
Happy Birthday! My big one (40) is coming up soon. WHAT BM interview?!? This is STUPID!!! Give you the kid already.
Post a Comment