Yesterday, the Ministerio Publico announced that it recommended to the PGN to hold all cases from the orphanage Semillas de Amor. Today, the director and the legal consul for Semillas are meeting with the head of MP to see what the issue is. I do not know at this time how this affects our case, as we are/were still waiting on the new birth certificate for Mariela which was due out tomorrow.
I will sorely be disheartened if I am/was within days of getting her new birth certificate and moving forward, only to find one more hold against our daughter. I truly thought that if all this got worked out, she might be home in October. I am going to have to bite my tongue once again, because the drama continues...I'll keep you posted as I hear news today of their meeting.
2 comments:
I met another woman at the USE in Guate whose child was from a raided orphanage. She was picking up. They got her child released but it really sounded like touch and go. A few weeks prior another child from the same orphanage was cleared to go and the literally were pulled off the plane because someone found another hold. Within 48 hours they were released to go. It SUCKS but I think there is hope. Praying for you!
Well, that just stinks Telissa. What is wrong with people? Why do they need to keep us from our babies! I am hoping and praying Mariela can come home Soon. October would be wonderful! I am secretly holding out hope for a Halloween baby as well!
Post a Comment