
So, after almost 2 months of waiting (I know there are some waiting longer) we finally got through to someone in the legal department of Mixco who even though you are not supposed to give out any information over the phone, confirmed that our papers were downstairs waiting since Sept. 5. So in 12 days, no one went to pick it up, even though our attorney and others said they were going weekly - it means that no one at least went last week.
Other than that, we have another birth mother interview scheduled for Sept. 29 with the Ministerio Publico - all 21 children who are in process need to be taken back to Guatemala city, with the caregiver and their birth mother for yet another interview. I am sure the questions will be as follows:
1. What is you favorite color?
2. Is this the same child that you have seen in your other two interviews?
3. Do you have any questions about this adoption that you started over a year and a half ago and that we did not answer in the other two interviews.
I cannot think of any other questions that they might have for our dear birth mother. I can tell you if I was in her shoes, my wounds would have already been ripped open twice, and a third time would just sting my heart.
The orphanage has now had its funds frozen by the bank. The bank saw the article yesterday that accused the orpahage of money laundering - they had an interview in 2006 about the appropriation of funds in which they disclosed the money they made, and they satisfied the requirements, but again the wound has been opened by the attorney who tried to remove a child from the orphanage, and place threats (at least what is deemed threats by many).
I hope my daughter who supposedly has my last name - the name that was also given to me - has food tomorrow. I hope they do not come and remove her from the only home she knows. I pray our director has the strenght and will power to stick this out - only not knowing how to fund the home, the caregivers, the mounting legal bills and food. This is not the only home this is happening to...
1 comment:
I am just simply SICK for you Telissa. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and anger you have. I admire every single thing you have done and continue to do for Mariela and the children at Semillas. They are blessed to have someone FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT for these babies and the people that are caring for them. I will continue to support you. However I can. Glad to help in any way. Hang on...the good girls WILL WIN!
Post a Comment