Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hair Cut, 5 quetzals please

This is one of the Mother's Day pictures that was sent to us of Mariela. Sad, but I don't feel different this Mother's Day as compared to last Mother's Day. I would not know today, what it is to be a mother day in and day out.

PGN is still closed. Additional nterviews are being initiated again and everyone is being dragged into the mess time and time again. Today was the first batch of birth mother interviews, so let's see if positive news comes out tomorrow and if these interviews did anything but stall out the process. Imagine, you turn your child over in the hopes that they will find a family, a home, someone to provide for them - and a year later, they want to come hunt you down and interview you. Rumors are the interviews are with psychologists, press, the child, the birth mother, the foster mother - how is this productive?? How does this find missing children that probably were taken and not even passed over into the adoption arena. Now, all of these children, and their cases are being delayed once again .

Anyone who knows that the past few days have been dedicated to e-mailing and faxing all my congressional members, including organizations which are supposed to protect these children and provide the safe, loving homes. I have only one response back and no new news on the certainty of these pending adoptions.

Mariela - I miss you a ton and wish I could get you here faster. A year of waiting is too long. My stomach aches, I am losing sleep again, and time just keeps getting wasted without you.

2 comments:

~Emily said...

I have been stalking the internet in hopes of some word on what really happened. I talked to my agency today regarding this. I wanted to make sure that if/when our BM goes in , that she is prepared for what my happen and be ready to stand her ground and not be bullied.

I, too, can't relate much to this being Mother's Day. :-( ~Emily

Kim said...

This part of the process is just utterly ridiculous. I am so over it already! Our babies need to come home, even if they are toddlers already! I too have written everyone, I hope someone, anyone is listening!


July 2008 family photo