The orphanage was raided yesterday morning. Fortunately, all the children are safe and sound, left to continue thriving and growing. It seems that 40+ government, staff members and children advocates showed up unannounced requesting paperwork on 50+ children that are there for adoption. The paperwork was produced for all but 3 children. These 3 children have not yet been matched with families, as the adoptions are halted for all but Guatemalan residents. The attorney had the paperwork and was working on finding these children families. The authorities wanted to take them, since their paperwork was not present. They began taking pictures of all the children one by one.
The authorities called the press, wanted to take the children, and all were ordered to the local court. The judge ruled that the children were to remain in the home. It feels as if they wanted to publicize that children were removed, distort the facts, and sensationalize a story about some of these children.
I am thankful most today that the Lord has protected these children and left them in the hands of a wonderful group of people - nannies, providers and caretakers who provide for these children physically and emotionally 24-7. I pray for the director and these workers, that this harassment ends, so they can continue their care of these and future children that are in need of families as they have been doing for over the past decade.
The newspaper in Guatemala stated they were checking on the "health conditions", but I posted a picture of this orphanage above - it is a beautiful, safe, and loving environment that is only second to a home with a family. The pretenses of this raid, are unwarranted if the health conditions were the concern. I cannot say more - I am as sad as those there that had to protect these children and the rights that supposedly all these people are working to protect.
3 comments:
I'm checking in here everyday! We are keeping our fingers crossed for you all.
That raid just makes me sick. Glad that the Lord was with those children. Let's hope we hear some good news from down there soon!
Our timelines are very close to the same. The twins are about two month younger, but our PGN dates are about the same.
grant5harrison.blogspot.com
Best wishes in the aggravating process.
Post a Comment