The 48 children are to remain at Semillas for nowm, pending an appeal on 3 of the children that had not been placed with families. A court order has allowed them to stay pending a few extra things that might need to get resolved - children cannot leave home or country for the time being, interview of birth mothers, and a few other things. This judge ruling is a temporary one, and things might change for the better or for worse when the next judge hears the case. POSITIVE NOTE: The children are to remain in the care of the home and with Ms. Nancy.
They remain on constant alert and the federal police are still stationed outside the home, but the good news is that for now they are being left alone. They have several more court dates and three attornies working to keep these children in the home until they can be matched with families. The Embassy is also in contact with the home and trying to look after them and keep an eye on the events.
I pray for Mariela and her companions - I have held several of them as if they were my own, and I pray we all get to hold them soon enough. I pray I don't have to write any more e-mails or letters for the next week, as hopefully things settle back down and the children are safe and sound. If PGN would just open back up their doors and let the files and cases come back out, so we can move forward again.
1 comment:
I am so glad things have settled down a bit. I thank God Mariela and the rest of the children are in a safe, loving environment. I hope PGN opens it's doors wide, so ALL those cases can exit soon!
Post a Comment