Monday, January 12, 2009

One more thing....from one beaurocracy to another

(I don't know if I spelled that right, but my brain is only half functioning today)


I know I have not posted much lately, but we have been a bit in a stupor. We did not even go our on new years (unless you count the visit to my mother-in-law's house a block away for hot dogs and Mama Mia on DVD). It is pretty depressing as the days wear on and we are now less than 2 months from Mariela's 2nd birthday.


We have all of our papers for the MP investigation which is complete. Today, they told us to call so we could know the status. It literally took us about 30 phone calls and offering to send a cab driver for an MP worker to finally get the last documents to the MP. Now they tell us they need a certification of Mariela's DNA from the U.S. Embassy.


So, we have spent off and on all day trying to track down someone at the Embassy with no avail. I am afraid as always, that if another couple days go by, then MP will change their mind again. I really need those documents from the Embassy to be delivered. This needs to be done for each child before the MP will release the papers.


So, we sit and wait again...I will keep you posted as we wait for the Embassy to respond via e-mail or telephone. Don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Praying those documents get there soon!!

Kim said...

I hate that all this paper pushing is keeping you from Mariela. Both our governments should be ashamed of themselves. Thinking of you guys!


July 2008 family photo