So, thursday things were looking very good for a possible pick-up next week. Then came the news again - the PGN in Chimaltenango wanted yet another certified document from the PGN in Guatemala City. They requested the document on Jan. 6, and it has not been delivered. We are part of a group of papers that is due to be delivered sometime next week. Now, you need to factor in the courier factor (3 days to find car, 1 day to get in car, and 1 day to get paper in car back to where it is needed) and the slowness factor (5 minutes really means 3 days).
So, maybe next week that paper will be delievered. Any maybe next week after it is delivered and the gentleman cleans off his desk, has 10 cups of coffee, organizes the papers and figures out how to use the computer, he might issue that document in minutes and take it to the judge.
ONE PAPER, ONE SIGNATURE...who wants to guess how many more weeks this is going to take ??? It is like the horror movie gone awry and you just can't get it shut itself off - but you know the happy ending is almost there where you wake up and it is all over.
We still have the tickets, we just postponed them one week, hoping that it gets resolved YET AGAIN next week. Until I have more news....
For my Semilllas friends that got out - Yeah!
For my Semillas friends that are struggling to resolve their cases and free their children - I am with you all the way!
For all my other friends - I am almost done talking about this and will find a new "hobby" shortly! haha
2 comments:
I can't wait until you are on a plane and bringing sweet Mariela home! I will be cheering you all the way, as always! Try to store up some sleep now, you will need it in a couple weeks! LOL!
She's almost home! So close....
I bet you can barely sleep you're so excited! Avery's brushing up on her spanish so they can chat when she comes home! :) and yes, you will need your sleep... get it now if you can!
Post a Comment