Saturday, December 20, 2008

Meet our daugher, Mariela Jr. (but still not home)





So, the journey was 6 wild days in addition to getting Mariela's visa at her appointment. The first thing we realized the day before the appointment was that they documented her name wrong! All of her papers say Mariela Jr., since Juan is a Jr!!! Can you believe that people doing this all the time would think that is correct?? So, we just went with it and we are going to have to do a name change with the readoption....that is really the least of our problems.




We found out that our adoption case is fine - there appear to be issues with 8 cases within the home (to what degree or for which families, this is unknown to the families at this point). We just need to get our MP approval letter which is supposed to be signed on any day. I am afraid that if we do not get it in the next few days, that we will be sitting for a while until the court date for the orphanage. I should know more about that all next week.


Our daughter is great! She babbles, and we joke that it is her "native tongue," but only because we do not understand it!! She does not sit still at all and we spent most of the Embassy appointment chasing her around the waiting room and blowing kisses on the bullet proof glass. I am sure the survelliance cameras loved that one. We also learned that after spending some time with her, she has become quite attached. She would throw such a tantrum (I am talking about throwing herself around the floor and tears spewing out of her eyeballs) when we would try to leave if she was not distracted. I am starting to see the terrible 2's coming out. She is happy-go-lucky when all the attention is on her, but once she knows she is being left, she is furious. She would even push other kids away from me if they approached me when she was on my lap.


Our trip was adventurous to say the least and we met a lot of great people, once again that are trying to help us find some resolution to our adoption and get her home. I keep praying that it all plays out here soon - but as they say, if you do not believe in miracles, they will never happen. The part that killed me this time is that we had to leave OUR DAUGTHER behind. I do not feel like a very good parent for doing that to her, knowing she knows who we are and is wanting to be with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Telissa, this sounds good. I do have a good feeling now that miracles do and will happen soon for you. Love, Aunt Mary C

HB said...

This is so wonderful! I'm so very happy for you, it's a long time coming....
She's so beautiful!
I know it was hard to leave her, but the day she comes home is going to make all the bad times disappear!
Fingers still crossed, and will be until she is here!
Glad you both are back safe and sound. :)

Kim said...

Oh Telissa, I am glad you had a wonderful trip, but sad that you could not bring Mariela home. She certainly looks happy and that has to give you some peace. Kate has the same Lily The Leap Frog doll too. She loves it! I am hoping and praying that you guys get some news before the new year!

Nat said...

OOOOOOOOO - i'm SO excited to see some new photos of you TOGETHER! Mariela looks healthy and happy, so that hopefully gives you SOME peace. No, it's not right - it's not the way it SHOULD be, but you are right about miracles. and it is high time for YOUR miracle. i'm so thankful you had this time with her!!!


July 2008 family photo