My attorney is missing in action. She has had our file with the corrected documents for what appears to be weeks, but she has yet to turn them back into the Mixco office. If they do not make it to Mixco, they cannot move forward for the 15 day countdown from Guatemala City. And we sit and wait. My agency and their two staff members are running back and forth all over Guatemala trying to find my papers. I cannot even call in a favor if my documents are not returned. I feel our papers are being held for ransom of sorts.
So, I cried today, in the first time in many months. There is nothing I can do anymore and no way I can get my attorney to care what is happening. So, in my best Spanish and help with google translate, I sent her my very first e-mail. I begged her (YES, BEGGED) her to bring my daughter home to us. I know the demands on her are tough and I would do whatever to help her. I don't know what she wants from me.
The demands on us are tough, too. We are both self-employed, trying to keep our employees and clients happy. We are working a lot of overtime and having a lot of trouble concentrating some days - losing sleep - feeling tired and worn out....and all I think about is her.
I love her. I need her. I miss her....I will do ANYTHING in this world to protect her. Yet, I cannot do it anymore when she is so far away.
1 comment:
Oh Telissa, I am sitting here crying for you. I can't even imagine the pain you are experiencing. You have been through SO MUCH. It is time for Mariela to come home. I am so sick for you! Can you make a trip to GT and try to find out what is going on? Maybe you will be more effective in person. If there is anything I can do, please let me know!
Post a Comment