1. I love to talk to myself (maybe i should not admit that openly). I talk to myself in mirrors mainly, as if I am working out the situation and trying to rationalize it and find the correct words. I do it all the time - in my house, in the car - but i don't ever pull out a compact mirror from my purse. I don't sing to myself either (if you head me sing you would be thankful!)
2. I am pigeon toed. I was born that way and was tormented for many years by braces and orthopedic shoes, ballet and my mom and dad yelling at me from behing to straighten my toes. I still can turn my feet all the way in from my knees. Makes for a neat trick at dinner parties and my parents could probably could still send me to the CIRCUS! I think I perform this trick at weddings as well, but I am not currently on tour.
3. I have three trophies for my ENTIRE life:
- Badminton Champion - I went to write an article for the school newspaper on a Saturday morning to cover the badminton tournament (no one else volunteered to be up early). A friend of mine need a partner for doubles, so we entered and one. I hope that wasn't conflict of interest.
- Girl Scout Limbo Champion - I did not grow until late in high school, so I won my golden rollar skating trophy! Tip: Turn your skates sideways and shimmy (yes, I said shimmy) under the pole.
- Some trophy for honor academy - I think it was for some brainiac tournament...tells you how much I treasured it.
4. I love to wear my shoes without socks...i love to break them in, so they are my own and no one will go near them! On our honeymoon, we were in Rome and Juan was so tired of my smelly shoes that he stuck the out the window. When he woke up, flung open the shutters he had to exclaim "Man, Rome really smells today" but he quickly glanced down to see my poor little shoes. I think he found the real culprit!
5. I love scarves. I wish I lived somewhere cold because I would wear them every day. I have this tiny little head on this long giraffe neck and I love turtlenecks or scarves. I started wearing short little scarves when I studied in Paris, but I continued on when I came back home. I have hat boxes of them and I love them. I especially love strange, bold, funky yarn scarves with weird knits...I don't wear them as much as I used to....kind of hard when you live in a desert.
6. One of my favorite phrases is "really fast." I hate being late, I hate sleeping in, I hate waiting in lines...I will always "run in, run out, really fast", "let me tell you something, really fast", "let's grab a quick bite, really fast." See? It is very universal and is like adding a HUGE exclamation point to everything. It has to be a bit redundant, too...and seems i am a little impatient, which I am.
7. I LOVE MARSHALLS...I need to say it again....I LOVE MARSHALLS...if I was an entrepreneur and could start another one, I would. I love that place in the morning, in the evening, on the weekends. If I go with my mother-in-law, she will not let me share a cart. She'll send me back to the parking lot to get my own. I even have a bumper sticker that says 'shop on' and it is from Marshalls. I think at least one thing on my body is from Marshalls each day! I am so proud of that, too!!!
8. I am very creative, hence I guess that is the reason I became an architect. I love to draw or sketch or paint or sew or anything of the such. My sister is a fashion designer, so someone has creative genes in the family! I love rearranging things, I love making things, I love putting things together...I think that is a given. Nothing can be left just as is in this world.
1 comment:
YAY! i somehow feel like i know you even better now :) been kinda out of the loop this week. my email isn't working & michael has been at a job site all week (he's our IT guy) . . . . . . BTW, i am EXTREMELY impatient too and i do EVERYTHING really fast :) except i always say "real quick". HA!
Post a Comment