Monday, December 31, 2007

Da-Da or Ba-Ba?



My father says that Mariela has an elusive smile. She smiles all the time, yet when you want to capture it on camera, it is hard to find at times. Once she sees the camera, the red light of the video camera, etc., she is so mesmerized that the smile turns to a look of serious wonder. This was our last playtime with Mariela before we had to leave to catch our flight back home (sniff, sniff).


For the record, she does say ada-da. Sorry to say, though, I do not think it is associated with the person. She loves to babble and drool simultaneously, which makes us happy none the less! I wish I had video of Mariela waiting for her Pachita (her bottle, as the nannies call it). Once she hears the word and sees the bottle coming her direction, she starts this high pitched squeal that pierces ear drums. She kicks and smiles and throws her arms about!! I have never seen anyone get so excited over snack time, but she sure does.

No comments:


July 2008 family photo