Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Patience is a virtue


Anyone who has been around me the past few days, knows that I am a little out of sorts. We are leaving in several days for our first visit trip, and the nerves are starting to become apparent. I spent hours this weekend wondering aimlessly around the mall and everywhere in between in the hopes of finding that perfect little outfit. Everything was too big, or too small, or too pink, or too starchy, or too something...I just could not place it. so, 10 bags later and a different item from every store, we have the outfit. And again, here I am at work, finding more ways than one to procrastinate. I leave you a picture with one of our projects under way - a church. It is realization that even this project will be completed sooner than our adoption, that makes me aware that patience really is a virtue.


I wake up with a cold sweat each night, that I just do not have it right. Is she bigger or smaller? Will she understand my Spanglish? Am I just going to sit and stare at her while she sleeps? And in the end, all if does not matter. She will be loved, by us, and sooner than later, we will all figure it out together. By the way, my bag is packed full of clothes, and it is already full (and they are not mine)!

2 comments:

Nat said...

i think i lost my patience the day i was born . . . and waiting on our daughter has only gotten more difficult with each passing moment. mariela is BEOOTIFUL!i know you can't wait to hold and snuggle and play with her. thanks for leaving a comment! where do you live now? email me anytime nmardis@theworkshop308.com.

sansol17 said...

My prayers are with you guys at this very special moment. Mariela is gorgeous and I know that you and Juan are the perfect parents for her. Just seeing her makes all the heartache in this world disappear. We tend to lose sight of the things that really matter...a precious little one that thinks you are the only reason to make him/her smile. Take care and bring her home soon.


July 2008 family photo