I dropped her off this morning and just a little hesitation, but she was already looking for her doll to tote around and her friends were already talking to her. The transition from Spanish to English has to be a little though, but I told the teacher to speak English and point and defer to Spanish if she starts getting really upset. I have had little issues with language with her so far. Her new word is: "NUMMY" translation "Yummy."
My morning was eventful in the fact that after I got everything in the car and ready to go, there was a very familiar odor coming from Mariela (This is already after last night when she decided to go on my foot and the bath mat as I put her in the tub)! I had to pull her out, change her in the back seat and get ready to go all over again. Why do they pick the most inopportune times?? And the toilet training. We have not tried very seriously, but at least we got the chair out of the box. She likes to stick her foot in it and use it as a step stool, but one of these days we'll figure it out.
All else is quiet back in Guatemala for most families, and sadly, we have not seen but a handful of children leave the home since Mariela left just short of a month ago. The court hearings continue for many of these cases through the end of May and the parties are still asking for birth mom's statments, hospital records, etc. It never seems to end for so many families. I wish I had answers for them, but most days it is just a pep talk to keep them strong and keep them fighting. I love you all, from the bottom of my heart and know we will all meet in the aftermath of this all.
3 comments:
Continuing to pray until all the children are home!!! Glad ot hear she's doing good!
I can't believe I never noticed that there's only 2 letters different between your and Tessa's names! Leave it to Juan! I love your diaper stories - I've been there! They always pick the worst times. Don't rush the potty training - she'll do it when she's ready!
I wouldn't worry about the potty training right now either. She has had so many changes in the past month. Let her be your "baby" a little while longer.
Post a Comment