Monday, April 6, 2009

Radioactive Macaroni and The Kite Runner



Mariela is constantly in action. She has the attention span of an ant (what 2 year old does not?). She loves being outside and refuses to come in most days unless Abbey wants in first. She also loves it when we talk in a raspy, monster-like voice and whisper - those make her laugh. This is her blowing a kiss, running away from me trying to corral her to come inside, and her attempting to eat with a fork (she puts the food on the fork, then grabs it off the fork with her fingers - Is that how that is supposed to work?)

I guess the fluorescent orange macaroni and cheese was not natural enough for her, but she sure loved the chicken pellets. Sorry, every once in a while, home cooking just doesn't happen! I wish I had a close up because the mashed potatoes looked more like snot on her face than food (Sorry, only parents I guess find that funny!) As Juan always says, "Remember whatever goes in the food disposal has to come back out..." The warning has been heeded.


Juan also tried to fly a kite on Sunday, but it just would not fly quite right...hmmm...what could be the reason? Someone kept hanging on to the tail of the kite and would not let go. I guess we'll have to try later when she gets the concept of flying a kite.

Other than that, things are getting there. She is very loving, very kissy and always wakes up with a smile. She is little human clock that is right on schedule all the time. She likes day care, but cries miserably each day we leave her. I left Juan to try today, but he did not have any better luck. I'll see how it goes this week...grandparents coming in town for Easter weekend, so we will see how she does with more attention (like she needs any more!!! Sure she does!)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Telissa-
You must've been reading my mind - I was just writing you a thank you for those cute leg warmers this afternoon! Yes - we got them, but we had to call the company to find out who they were from - there was no name on them! Great photos of Mariela...you guys look like you're settling great into parenthood!

Vanessa said...

That kite photo is priceless!! You have NO idea how happy I am to see you enjoying that sweet baby girl!

HB said...

How cute is that? I love those photos, she is pure entertainment isn't she?! I wish I had as much energy as these kids!

Kim said...

Kate does the same thing with her food. She puts it on the fork, the food makes it to her mouth, but the other hand is already loaded with the next bite. Funny how that works, huh?


July 2008 family photo