Monday, November 17, 2008

BIRTH CERTIFICATE HAS ARRIVED!!!

After almost 120 days or so - almost 4 months - we have our birth certificate. We have applied for her passport and should have that tomorrow. I can hardly believe we are about 3-4 weeks from our Visa appointment. She still cannot come home, but hopefully tomorrow we will have news about some options from the parents meeting in Washington D.C.

I am heading out of El Paso tomorrow to go back home to be with my family after the loss of our grandmother - I miss that little spitfire (thank you kathy for calling her that - perfectly suited). I am getting back to drawing here, but wanted you to know that we are hanging in there and our 4 month battle is over. I am days away from not having to get one more piece of paper from the Guatemalan government, besides how to send all of our Semillas children home.....

but, that is a chore for another day. God Bless my grandmother - I miss her dearly!!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the birth certificate. Sorry to hear of your grandmother's death.

~Emily said...

WONDEFUL! I keep checking to see what is up.

Vanessa said...

Praying for strength and courage for your family during your time of losss!!!

I know this may be a little short notice, but I'm traveling to Guatemala in two weeks if you need something brought down for your sweet girl!! I'll be staying in Panajachel and Antigua. Not in the city but I;m sure I can arrange for it to be dropped off there if need be!!
Praying for all of you guys to be able to bring those babies home soon!!

Nat said...

OMG!!!! FINALLY!!!! SHE HAS YOUR LAST NAME!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. enjoy this time with your family.

John D. Lueckenotte said...

T - sorry to hear about your grandmother, she was always very kind.

Hoping that Mariela will be home with you guys soon! There's definitely something to be said for persistence!

I will be in JC on Thurs., so not sure that I'll see you, but best wishes for the holidays too.

John

Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother Telissa. Good news about the BC. HUGE step FINALLY done! I am SO excited for you!!! Congratulations!

Stacy said...

I just happened onto your blog, and wanted to say congrats on your Mixco B.C. We waited for 6 months for ours so I understand your pain! We have been home for almost 6 months now! I hope you are able to bring your daughter home soon! She is beautiful!
Stacy

HB said...

Telissa...
so much news, all at one time...
i send hugs to you for all of it!
miss you...


July 2008 family photo