Monday, March 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

If only I could find a birthday card that said "Wish we were there or wish you were here...." that would sum up this whole experience. Supposedly we were supposed to be back in PGN last week. Documents were picked up, documents were taken to PGN, photocopies were not accepted by PGN, and another day goes to waste. I have lost every once of patience that I was ever given and I am not sure why they always only make one photocopy. WHO DOES THAT, WHO MAKES ONE PHOTOCOPY??

MARIELA IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LITTLE ONE!!

I am in the kind of mood to eat a platter of cupcakes just for YOU!!! I was begging (I mean praying) again, thinking that today might bring wonderful, bizarre and fabulous news that by some great miracle you were submitted and approved and we were done....but my birthday suprise was a big, huge "NO WAY JOSE!!!" I thought of getting a gift, but I am in no mood to try and pick something, so I will just sit and pout the day away, unless my friends do truely try to drag me out and make me smile...

I wanted to edit the video for some highlights, but I was having a typical, technically, error-filled day where everything was not going my way. So, anyway, you at least get a glimpse of the little one we are missing. I WANT MY MARIELITA!!!! Today, time flies in my little world here, and time stands still on the adoption front.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the birthday wishes (I will pass them on to Mariela - besides the few gifts I want to keep for myself - just kidding!) ...it all means to much to us and we will keep trying a little harder to get her here. I send our prayers back out to everyone who is enduring their own dramas and their own hardships - we all need a little faith and hope.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Mariela! Hoping and praying you will be in and out of PGN very soon.

Nat said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIELA!!! We are hoping and praying you get to be with your mommy & daddy very VERY soon!!! there are SO many people who can't wait to meet and love you!!!

Kim said...

Oh Telissa, I am so sorry that you weren't resubmitted! I agree, who makes one copy of something and why on earth do people not sign on the dotted line? Completely frustrating. Happy Birthday Mariela, may you share many more birthdays with your Mom & Dad! I'll eat a cupcake for ya too!


July 2008 family photo