Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't Pass Go, Don't Collect $200

It seems like things might be moving again down south, at least we hope for the time being. Our second Knock-out (kick-out or whatever you want to call that stupid piece of paper that takes two weeks to sign and buys you another trip back to PGN) was finally able to be picked up by our attorney. Seems they wanted a new copy of the of the birth mother's Cedula (her national I.D.). They could have asked that the first time around when they wanted a new medical document for Mariela on KO #1, but nothing seems to make sense today. We are already preparing ourselves for the wait for her new birth certificate, as some of the certificates from her municipality have been taking 4+ months....I will leave my thought on that issue later.

It has been this never ending board game where you are going round and round. You think you might get lucky and get around the board to finish, but nope, they have sent you back for something else. All we can hope is that new photos and updates arrive this week or next week on Mariela. She turns 1 year old next month and on Easter, we will have started our adoption journey one year ago. Don't worry, keeping the faith down here. Please keep praying and i'll keep begging, as something has to give here soon! Please PGN let us back in and let us go quickly, we miss her dearly!!

p.s. I just wanted to congratulate Nat for getting Stella's new birth certificate. May your journey to bring her home be right around the corner! I can't wait for the first photo of all of you (including the dog)! CONGRATS!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Telissa, I am a friend of your mom's and an ex-co-worker of hers. I have been wanting to write to you for a few months. I endured years of fertility treatments and surgeries and started the adoption process only to get pregnant through the help of the G.I.F.T. procedure, then miscarry. I feel your pain in so many ways and I know you and Juan have been through a lot prior to the process of adopting Mariela. I am praying for you, Juan, and Mariela every day. I pray she will be with you and Juan very, very soon in your home. What a blessing you will all be to each other. Sandi

Nat said...

THANKS for the congrats!!!
It's such a relief that things are moving again!!! I haven't been able to email you - we had a bad ice storm & haven't been in the office . . . so I was SO HAPPY to see some good news on here!!! I'm ready for the resubmit to pgn and then the OUT. It's definately time for something to "give". Praying praying praying!

Kim said...

I sure hope you get that new BC soon. I will be praying that we get our little girls home soon!


July 2008 family photo