Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lost Photos and Typo's

So far this month (also known as my BAD DAY):

Fact: Received confirmation of registration with Central Authority ....but with typographical error.
Translation: So far we are grandfathered in and our case will proceed under previous rules. (Big Horray!!) UNBIG HORRAY FOR THE HUGE TYPO...seems that Mariela's name was spelled wrong, so I am just waiting for that error to come bite us back in the you know where!

Fact: No monthly report
Translation: Pictures taken, pictures get lost/erased/written over, report gets written, report does not get sent because pictures missing, no news for anxious waiting parents who are going crazy and dying to see their little one.

Fact: Not submitted back to PGN
Translation: Since Jan. 25, nothing has progressed on our case. We got KO#2, we couldn't get back in without PA. Couldn't work on new papers because they were working on confirmation and submittals to Central Authority.

Fact: KO #2 was stupid (sorry, maybe that is not a fact)
Translation: Got kicked out and had to be in all of this mess because they wanted new photocopies of Birth Mother ID and Mariela's birth certificate. PGN: I have an idea!!! Why don't you ask for 2 copies of EVERYTHING, so if you see a smudge or something is not clear, you can reference the other copy. But you are right, maybe it is better to send someone to go stand in line in one city hall and request a copy then come back to pick it up, and then send someone over to the other city hall and request a copy then come back later.

No new news...I'll post more supposedly by the end of the week when they actually get the photos downloaded and saved and sent...keep your fingers crossed, as this has not been a good start to the week....CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO IS BACK IN PGN - i wish i was, too - my attorney must be using snail mail for everything!

Work related news: We are VERY BUSY, our clients and friends have been good to us so far this year, so we are drowning our disappointment/frustration/sadness in work. If you can't find us at home, you know where we are :) Now you know why your e-mails get answered so quickly. Believe me, I cannot text that fast from my phone!

2 comments:

Nat said...

YAY for receiving confirmation of registration with CA!!! Everything should be fixable since you are already registered!!! I'm praying HARD that things are smooth from here on out!!! We have been WAY busy at work too . . . sorry I haven't had time to email, but sounds like you haven't been missing me!!! hope we can chat soon!

Kim said...

Oh Telissa~I am so sorry to hear about the drama going on in your case. I guess when it rains, it pours. Things have to look up for you, this I KNOW! I never understand how photos can get lost either. We always get that song and dance when I am asking for new pictures. And that happens every month. Hang in there, feel free to rant all you want. We'll be there to read all about it, the good and bad!


July 2008 family photo