Monday, January 14, 2008

Muffin Tops!

I had to clarify to Kim, what muffin stumps was...or is. I vaguely remember long ago on Seinfeld, that they all had a conversations about muffins.

Elaine from Seinfeld eats only the tops of muffins and says that it is a million dollar idea. Her former boss, decides to start a business. But eventually the muffin business goes south. The stumps were given to the homeless, only they don't want them either. In fact, nobody wants them.

Everyone loves muffin tops, so they eat them excitedly. But when it comes to muffin stumps, sometimes we are not excited, and they go to waste. So the question was

"WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL THOSE MUFFIN STUMPS?"

So, this was in comparison to this process we call International Adoption. Last week was long and it has seemed like enternity since we have seen Mariela in person (for those, like us, counting, it has merely been 2 weeks). It seems like we are stuck in a sea of muffin stumps. The muffin top is already gone, and we are left with the scrappy feeling of this process that drags on. She is now sitting up, crawling and saying mama or dada to the walls. How much longer can this be?


So, today, when the e-mail arrived with the updated news of Mariela, it was MUFFIN TOPS ALL THE WAY! So, for all of us dragging on an early Monday morning, here are to MUFFIN TOPS! Until the newness wears off from these most recent photos, praise be to God and Muffin Tops. I need to say a little prayer for the mosquitos to leave Mariela alone. Last time we saw her, her hand was all chewed up. I know, when you are sweet, even the mosques want you. BUT PLEASE LITTLE MOSQUES LEAVE MARIELA'S SWEETNESS ALONE! Thanks...ME

3 comments:

HB said...

I'm so glad you have muffin tops!
any good news aside from photos?
I have all fingers and toes crossed!

Kim said...

Thanks for the clarification Telissa! I do sort of remember that episode of Seinfeld! The new picture of Mariela are wonderful! I hope those little flying beasts leave her along as well!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.


July 2008 family photo