Friday, January 4, 2008

Another week bites the dust...

Friday has arrived and has been moving with fury. New this morning from Guatemala were rumors that PGN was halting processing the adoptions due to the glitches of the new law. So after e-mails to fellow adoption friends and checking the forums and guatadopt website, we are back at square one. There is relatively no new news, there is still confusion, and we'll know more next week, so sit tight and keep fingers and toes crossed.

On that note, I have to post a message that was left on one of the forums this morning (credit to Ana and her special friend):

A friend I consider my daughter has been having a rough personal and
medical time lately. She was in the ER on Wednesday and refused having me go
stay with her. So we tested back and forth for over three hours. She doesn't
have a clue I tracked her best friend down and made him go to hospital. She sent this text after Dr appt. ...

They did an x-ray and found you in my heart. They said if I
removed you I would die, so I'll keep you there forever....

Visit Trip Things to Remember...

Always change diapers before they go to sleep or if they wake up. If not, they might be fussy from that and not need to have more of their bottle every hour an
d a half!



Always take an extra pair of clothes wherever you go...you never know when there will be an "emergency" and need to change the ENTIRE outfit! Otherwise, you might need to drag them home quickly in a fleece jacket wrapped up in a blanket wearing just their booties.

Enjoy every precious moment they are sleeping...it is the calm before the storm and might be the last quiet moment for a while!

Drool comes in all shapes and sizes...BEWARE...it ends up on everything, but it is multi-purpose. I miss it already!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Telissa~Mariela is absolutely precious! Thanks for posting all those cute pictures especially after this very difficult day for all of us. I loved the tips, I'm sure I will learn all those things the hard way!

Kim said...

Forgot to say, I LOVE all the hair bows! Where did you get them? Katelyn MUST have them!

HB said...

I have everything crossed!
We're all optimistic that everything will work out... and quickly!
Dallas has you in our thoughts always!
and yes... the tips were great! :)
miss you...

Melissa said...

Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Mariela is beautiful! I am praying you will have a smooth, quick trip through PGN.


July 2008 family photo