We also had a busy week with our next big adventure - the circus and an emergency visit to the doctor. The circus was great and you can see that all she could do was sit and watch! Amazing how the motorcycles put her right to sleep though and she was out. The next day, she was sick at school and by the time we got to the doctor, her temperature was 104 degrees. We got it down, the tests came back negative for flu, and we were back to normal over the next day or so. At least we got geared up to do what parents do best - run around like chickens with our heads cut off.
Mariela is much more social now and still plays really nicely with herself at her house when we let her be. This is here reflecting back on her days in Guatemala - I think she is recreating the chicken bus and piling as many of her little people in the bus as she can. No one is left behind - All aboard!
We are quickly outgrowing the high chair and insist on doing everything in the high chair besides eat. Here she is helping animate the story by showing the fingers....and toes. (Don't worry, we are spotting her on her stunt scenes and starting to train her for the chair). I much prefer this book anyway compared to the "Old Lady that Swallowed a Fly" and the book with the picture of the ape which she would get to and scream at.
We are trying to get her to save her pennies and she has already started putting the money back in the piggy bank, but only after she is done using it as stamps and utensils for the play-doh. I wish she made money faster than she spends it...but it is all for good cause! She is also busy trying to be an adult - sitting on the chairs, eating off our plates, bossing us around and running around in my shoes - I am going to trade her places one of these days.
We had a wonderful get together last week with book club, since one of our greatest friends arranged for a little party for Mariela. She had the most beautiful cake and the girls all brought Mariela things every girl needs for book club - Books. The best part was they all brought books that they enjoyed reading to their children and they really meant a lot to us! Thanks to all our wonderful friends and our parents and their friends and family who continue to follow us and share in our joy with Mariela.
5 comments:
love it :) we too run around MOST OF THE TIME like chickens with our heads cut off!!! stella also comes home every. single. day. covered in yuckiness. i strip her down and her clothes get soaked under the tub faucet in cold water, then i DOUSE them in shout and scrub them some more. then they usually sit until the next day to be thrown into the washer. most of it seems to come out that way...i haven't found anything else that works that well anyways. thanks for the pictures. i love to see her smiling face!
Love the new look to the blog Telissa! Running your kid to the doctor seems to be what I do best. Get used to it. LOL! I am amazed that Mariela wears a uniform to daycare. I have never heard of that. In some ways I think it would be nice, at least she just gets those clothes filthy! LOL!
Oh, and being a nurse, I think I have had any and every stain imaginable on my scrubs at one time or another. I swear by Zout, it comes in a spray bottle. You can get it at Target. Lately I have been using a bar of Fels Naptha soap. You can find that in the laundry soap aisle, although it can be hard to find. It looks like a bar of soap. Just use a spray bottle with water, rub the stain with the bar of soap and work it into the fabric. That has been working really well too. It's cheap as well, like $1 a bar. Hope that helps!
Telissa,
I found a great chair for when they don't want to sit in the high chair anymore, it's called the Euro II. It's sold online at One Step Ahead. My girls love theirs.
You just got to love those 104 temps, scares you to death doesn't it?
Joan
Oh I am so hungry for that cake right now....
Try getting a Cooshie Booster and let her use it on the floor for a while. It's an excellent booster for mealtime!
Hope all is going well Telissa. Update your blog girl!
Post a Comment