"M" is the word...I knew this day would come and it has arrived. It came suddenly, so abruptly that is knocked is over the first time that we heard it....and now, it does not stop. It is not miraculous...
Mine...Mine...Mine
She is a little walking robot that emphatically repeats it....over.....and over.....and over. How can something so ridiculously repeatative, be so funny? We heard it all weekend - outside and inside, in the car and out, on and off the plane to Kansas City, and at night as she went over her vocabulary and we listened in on the monitor radio....Mine she whispered.

At first we thought it was just a word, but oh, no, she understands what it means. Walking around maliciously grabbing things in site, running the other direction. I am still laughing, I just cannot do it in front of her or it promotes silliness all around! Just like the Mound of somersaults in the grass.
Mine....mine...mine
Memorial Day is the second M. My sister planned a wonderul, family reunion to introduce Mariela to both sides of the family. She partied the entire day from noon until eight - no nap - just all toddler! I was so thrilled to see so many of our cousins together, since it seems to have been so long. And I am so thankful she got to meet everyone and they shared so much love and adoration for her. I just smile inside thinking of it. To my family near and far, thank you for just being you.

M is for "Moly Pinata!"" or in Spanglish "Mole Pinata!"
Mariela took a few swings at the pinata and her cousins took a few rounds at it as well. Hey, we lost the head first - but wait, it was a cardboard box! What kind of pinata is that?? Finally, they broke it open - fruit snacks, play-doh, sunglasss, talking stuffed animals, minature sport balls - where is that candy when I need it?? Then came our next surprise....

The pinata head became MINE. We had to carry it around, take it in and out, eat breakfast with it, find it in the morning (yes, I had to refuse to put it in the crib with her to sleep). Forget the wonderful gifts, we'll just take one pinata head, please.

M is for motorzied scooter. Yes, my sister and brother-in-law went and did it. I am a big advocate for using your own motorized power and doing things yourself. But out came the next surprise - the motorized Dora 4x4 battery powered vehicle. I could hardly sit down being overpowered by the 2 mph of horsepower!
M is for Memories of Mariela. More than I can share in these scat words. M for More in store....."M" is also for "Make it happen!" As my dad would say, " Has Mariela wrote her letters yet? Has she written back to Guatemala and told them how wonderful having a family is." If only the kids knew, they would want one too! I hope that the government and those with any power or say in this matter can send these children home to their families - they are still waiting, and they have not Moved on or forgotten.
5 comments:
Sounds like it was the perfect way to welcome her home!! She's such a little beautie!!
I'm so happy you got to introduce her to your family! I'm sure she loved every minute of being around so many people fawning over her! Someday soon we'll have to get these two kids together to teach each other bad habits... :)
Telissa, it was so nice to meet you and Juan and Mariela! I was so happy to see Mariela hold up her hands a couple different times to your dad to be picked up and also saw her hold up her hands for Jenna to pick her up. You are right, she did learn mine as in "I have people and they are mine"! That is so awesome! Love, Sandi
Telissa,
Mine is only a wonderful word when they are an only child, if you have a 6, 4 and 3 year old it means a fight is getting ready to break out. (HA HA)
It looks like Mariela had a wonderful weekend, these memories will last forever.
-Joan
Oh funny! I have yet to hear that word out of sweet Kate's mouth. I know it is just a matter of time though!
Post a Comment