Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bye, Bye Barrios - Someone else is signing?

Another week has almost came and went... The word last week was the head of PGN was asked to resign/removed from the appointed position and yesterday the same happened with the head of adoptions of PGN. It seems a new individual has been appointed and taken over the office, but again this means change, and with change comes more delays, as the court has to officially rule on this appointee. I can't handle much more change, besides the change of our quiet house to one with Mariela in action.

While embarking on this journey we have passed through the hands of two guatamalen presidents, the old and new adoption governing agencies (PGN and CNA), now two head officials of PGN, and now two individuals whose signature is one of the last things standing in the way of bringing Mariela home with us. We have even gone through the change of the person who answers the phones at PGN and provides us updates

I have no photos or updates this week, no confirmation from the adoption agency or attorney of what is going on...so, i'll just be patient one more week and hope for the best. It is hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel, and I know I will feel better the minute I have a new photo of her in my e-mail inbox, or a video of her in my postal box.

I'll be clicking away at the forum today and my e-mail hoping for good news.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hope we get good news soon Telissa!

Heidi said...

What a rollercoaster! I hope this is resolved quickly and we can both get our babies home!


July 2008 family photo