It has been several weeks now, but Mia got to meet up with Stella in Austin! I was like a little kid meeting her pen pal, and so thrilled to meet Nat in person. Nat and Michael have their 2 year old daughter Stella and were headed down south for a family reunion/celebration. Juan and I decided to take off and meet up with them.
The girls are so different and it was so delightful to see them maneuver around together and get to know each other. We literally wiped them out and both were passed out just minutes after leaving one another! I am thrilled that they can hopefully meet up with one another throughout their lives and have a good friend to lean on in need.
Nat and I met online (I know, so cliche), like so many of us adoptive parents. We have had several phone calls and many e-mails and many good and sad moments off and on in the past couple of years. The exciting part was through it all, we got to meet up, with our families and celebrate what was most definately worth the years of waiting. I know in my heart, that our paths were meant to cross, and the girls will be so lucky to have one another.
We have so many people we have met, but so many true friends that truly go out of their way to stay in touch and make each other feel so loved: Nat for your daughter's friendship to Mia, Dotty for so many questions and answers all at the same time, to Kim for the beautiful birthday dress to Mia on her homecoming and all of our future road trips that are lingering out there - cannot wait!
3 comments:
They're so cute together!! I know I have met so many wonderful friends while adopting my daughter and thorough my mission work. I wouldn't change them for the world!
I was interested to read your blog. Your little girl is so adorable!
If you are a parent of a 2- to 9-year-old you and your child are eligible to be a part of a university study about how kids think about other people's thinking. Participation would take less than 20 minutes, is anonymous, research ethics board approved, and is a great way for you and your child to contribute to our knowledge of how children think. For more details go to the following address: http://www.milestoneshome.org/current/thinking/
Best wishes,
Kimberly
Hello, my name is Telissa.
I'm a dutch student based in rotterdam.
Right now my own blog is named scratchnsnifff.blogspot.com but i would really want it to be telissa.blogspot.com so that i can concentrate more on my marketing for i am about to graduate this year. I've have noticed that you haven't used your account in two 2 years, which gives me reason to kindly ask you to remove the blog, for a name cannot be used twice.
thank you in advance,
Telissa
if you would like to reach me, my email is telissa@live.nl
Post a Comment