Thursday, January 14, 2010

As Buzz Lightyear would say "To Disneywold and Beyond..."


So, it turns out that we had planned this vacation to go watch my sister run her first (and she says her last) marathon (which, by the way, she did complete)! At the time, it sounded like a great idea. Just spend a few days in sunny florida during January - unfortunately, mother nature decided to bathe florida in 20 degree weather. Nevertheless, we had a wonderful time and got to see my sister and my parents.



Our first battle to overcome was her fear of mascots. She did not quiet understand how they were really there. so, we first started with the statues and moved onto the live ones.









So, we bundled up and prepared for the adventure. I literally had tears in my eyes when i stepped down main street the first time. I had vaguely remembered it as a child, and it had been so many years since I had been. But seeing Mariela beam with excitement, was worth a million.



We decided to start things off slow and headed straight for Its a Small World...in retrospect, I would not have done this. The line was short (besides it was 30 some degrees outside), we breezed right in, thought we would go for a nice boat ride...that is where the dream ended. She was terrified of the characters and the song made her sob the entire ride. Nevermind. But Dumbo was right up her alley. I even thought I would stay low in the ride, but she pulled the trigger and pulled us right up into the skies. Heaven. We even got a few rounds in.




Even the puking teacups were a huge hit! (thankfully no one did get sick). My mom even had to remind me of the story that when we came she signed us up for the special character breakfast and fed me mickey mouse pancakes. I got to nervous/excited/bad pancake batter that I ended up puking my pancakes in the flowers outside. I made sure not to touch the pancakes this time around.





This was the aftermath of the first day...




And here you can see that we managed to actually enjoy getting our picture taken with the characters. Even after we freaked her out at breakfast by not realizing we had signed up for the character breakfast at the hotel. Pluto caught her offguard and she could not eat a thing, since she was on the look out for any of them that came around the corner.


Most of all, Juan could not forgive me if I did not post Mia's favorite picture - her with the dancer at the Epcot Morraccan restaurant. She even got out there and danced with her. Juan says he knows why - the sparkly outfit.

On that note, I leave you and show you Cindy's castle. Yes, Cindy lives here and if you do not go "coco-potty" like a big girl, Cindy will not turn her lights on her castle.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a great time despite the weather! I think Kate might have a fear of mascots too. We shall see tomorrow when we take her to Sesame Street Live...

~Emily said...

Who liked the Moroccan dancer better... Juan or Mariela? Looks like a fun trip. I cant believe how cold it was there.

Erin said...

Great photos - looks like you had a great time (despite the cold!). In response to your comment on my blog...please, please come visit us! :-) We will show Mia lots of snow! (There's lots of fun stuff to do in the summer too!) Hugs and kisses to Mia!!!


July 2008 family photo