Monday, September 28, 2009

Bad Blogger, Coco-Potty and Desert Weather



First, yes, I am the world's second worst blogger to someone out there! I feel as if I am in confession and asking for forgiveness on not updating my random fans and friends out there on our lives! haha

Second, not only is our life consumed by our little neat freak who loves to go what she calls "coco-potty". She is pretty much potty trained. But much to our demise, we allowed her to pick and bring home the notorious, "Coco-potty Doll." She has no name, but she is the Baby Alive Doll Brand that opens her eyes, laughs, drinks and eats and then exclaims that she needs to go potty.

Mariela is an obedient, faithful mother to her. She is concerned when baby wants to sleep, so she pushes her bracelet and keeps her awake. She runs back and forth to the bathroom to get water for baby and feeds her. And when the baby exclaims she has to go, Mariela throws her hands up and runs around like a chiken without her head looking for the pretend potty chair that came with the doll. Meanwhile, baby is screaming "hurry, hurry" ....until she has an accident. Two in potty training is not a good idea - especially when the two year old is training the baby.




And I am right there with Buffy...I have no clue why kids love Elmo. I can't even understand Elmo! And why when the program starts, we need to do a little song and dance to exclaim that Elmo is gracing us with his presence? I don't know, but the Elmo pajamas sure make her happy, and I am happy to oblige!




Lastly, it is still hotter than a desert down here. It is finally cool enough early in the day and late at night (actually drops below 90) that we can play outside on the swingset. After a two month ordeal and pouring footings (yes, architects hard at work - actually architect - i wish to exclude myself in that fiasco), we have a swingset that can withstand a small hurricane (besides the tarp roof).

4 comments:

HB said...

are you referring to ME being the bad blogger?! hahaha!
I can't wait until there's Coco potty in my house... diapers are nasty!!!! oh wait, so is the little training potty... these kids owe us!!!

Ona Smith said...

Telissa, love the potty story! Maria goes on the potty sometimes but we are still in the process of major potty training. She also loves Elmo. Great to see new pictures of Mariela. She looks so happy!

Ona

~Emily said...

I need more info on the potty... it sounds as if it really get the ball rolling. We are only half heartedly interested in the potty these days and I dont want to push it.

Kim said...

Still hot down there, huh? It's 45 and raining like cats and dogs here!

That is so cute about the potty doll! Kate is completely potty trained too! Isn't it GREAT?

And Elmo...I must admit, I love him too. Kate is crazy about him!


July 2008 family photo