Mariela is pure silliness. My grandfather passed around a couple of weeks ago, and Mariela got to go on our second solo road trip to say goodbye to him. All I can say is she travles good....until she is kicking and screaming.
She was the only great grandchild at the funeral and even though I am her mother, I have to say she was well-behaved. Of course, she does not understand the whole circle of life concept and could only say "night-night" over and over. During the service, she finally decided to announce that she had to go to the toilet. I weighed my options, believing that I was probably already too late to actually catch it, but I went ahead and took her. We made it in time and my mother laughed when she could hear her rows away saying "Coco" for wanting to go to the toilet.

Since we were making the journy up north, we decided to stay out the week and took a trip with the whole family to the zoo. It was all fun and games - especially running through the misting fans (next time I'll just splurge on one of those and let her have all the fun she wants). But then came the monkeys. Mariela pressed her nose up to the glass to look a little closer, a monkey came flying at the glass to play with her, she jumped back and landed on her butt about 5' from the glass in tears. After that, she wanted nothing to do with getting close to any animal exhibit and would just run by quickly saying "bye- bye."


Our first carousel ride. It only took relocating 6 times to find the perfect animal and then we had the ride of a lifetime! My parents also got her a small inflatable pool, so we had a good time swimming with Barbie. We are back home now getting ready for the cooler weather (please don't ask me when it is going to come, but hopefully soon!) We also had Melissa (a good friend from high school) take some pictures of Mariela, so we should have some nice photos of Mariela in action.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, i'm sure it was not the type of trip you wanted to make. I am glad however that you were able to spend time with your family and enjoy yourselves at the zoo! Aren't kids funny? Mariela is so cute, she always looks like she's having the time of her life!
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Ah road trips, I completely understand. Kate is somewhat similar. When she's good she's really, really good...let's leave it at that!
Cute hair! Cecilia has not had hers cut in forever! I dread the day. :-)
That is one happy little girl. Is she ever not smiling?
I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Under the circumstances I am glad you got to visit with your family and visit the zoo. We got a membership here in Memphis and LOVE it. Animals amaze them when they are behind bars LOL.
I miss yall soooo much. Next summer we are taking a trip together. I would love to get the kiddos together. take care and we will chat soon.
Buffy
Post a Comment