Thursday, July 9, 2009

Firecrackers = Oh, No and Get ready for the show


This is Mariela's beautiful hat creation for the fourth of July. I can only hope at this moment she might follow in my sister's fine footsteps and create accessores such as HATS!







She is such a clown and is always goofing around. She is bossy and goofy (shakes her pointing finger at us and says "no, no, no") and always talking to herself. This is her Fourth of July comedy routine along with her "Napkin over the head" show we had for an entertaining dinner. I am sure our egging her on along with contributing to the cause did not help the matter any! Either way, I would not change her one bit.


At Nina's house, she and Abbey have to share in the responsibilities of Queen Bee - Abbey gets the couch and Mariela gets the throne. She is poised for power!










I have had such a wonderful time playing with her hair and you can see that I am getting a little more creative and perfecting the art of combing hair of a contortionist ...must be time for a haircut before school starts in the fall. We are surviving July with her at the office with us from 3pm to 6pm, since her school is closing early this month. We have a week together as well at the end of this month before the new semester....oh, boy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Cute, Cute pictures! Somebody has to be Queen for the day, might as well be Mariela. You are doing much better with the hair than I am. 99.9% of the time Kate gets a "Whale Spout" on the top of her head. Most mornings that is all I can manage! At least it is out of her eyes then. This growing out of bangs is going to do me in...

~Emily said...

Hmm... are her and Cecilia long, lost sisters??? Queen-bee, bossy, no. Glad to see you are blogging again. Now if I only could.


July 2008 family photo