Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Way too long...way too short...year is nearly over






This Christmas is a blessing. I have to reflect on that, since a few of our dear friends are still waiting on their adoptive children to come home, others are working on completing adoptions, and others are just waiting for their children to be born! We hardly did anything joyful last year and even skipped out on New Year's celebrations, just from being so worn down from the year's events and without Mariela one more year.

I will have to dig out the Santa photo that we finally got last weekend at the Mall...after Santa had to vacate the chair and let her sit, after a crying fit, and after I had to become part of the plan. It also took exiting the line, buying nemo and mickey at the adjacent Disney store, and having Santa "give" the presents to her. In which, she cried, ran and grabbed the gifts, and ran away.
We are staying here over the holidays, so it should be nice and quiet. The shopping is done and we are ready to close out the year together. Now, she believes that Santa brings gifts, so hopefully she understands the gifts that "magically" appear. Mia now prays and says "Amen" and most of all I have to thank her "baby Jesus" she is home with us this year.
Finally, we purchased our plane tickets to go see my sister run her marathon at Disney World in January. That is another whole adventure, but thank goodness children under 3 are "free"...how free do you really think that is going to be? I had never ventured into our Disney store, yet I have been there twice in the past week.
I am sure I will speak/e-mail/see many of my friends, but if not, Merry Christmas wherever you travel or whatever you do. May you feel as blessed and happy as we are.






No comments:


July 2008 family photo